Saturday 31 January 2009

Something Oriental




Over in the Fiskarettes blog, they are giving away some fantastic new products that aren't available in the UK yet. The challenge is to design an "oriental" card to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Well I have never designed anything oriental before, so I decided that this should be my first challenge for the year.


I used peel offs and painted using cosmic shimmer to paint the images so they had a rich shine on the dresses, cut image out, removed the image and hey presto it worked (a little tip, remove some of the stickiness of the peel off first by pressing into your clothes, this makes the peel off easier to remove when finished and doesn't lift the paper in the process!)


Next, cut out some Chinese dragon panels using Fiskars deckle paper edgers, love these as you don't necessarily have to go in a straight line :-) and matted onto gold mirror board.


Layered all onto a Chinese dragon background and mounted onto red card from my stock.


The writing along the 2 dragon panels say celebrate, health, happiness and wealth. Red in China represents wealth, so I hope this card brings me wealth in the form of the Fiskars goodies.


Please go over to the site here, and vote for my card. Or if you would like to take part yourself, you can enter up to the 4th February.




Will be back later tonight (I hope) with a before and after picture of my diary, got bored last night and this is what I got up to .......................




Karen

No comments:

Check out my slide show!!!