Tuesday 3 February 2009

Penny Black challenge

This is my entry for the PB Challenge this week which is "circles". As it's Kelsey's birthday in a few days time, I decided to make this card for her as she loves cats .... especially her Monty. I used the PB stamp Bee Costume and coloured in with watercolours. The wings have been painted using cosmic shimmer, then overlayed with sakura clear stardust. Used my cricut accent cartridge to cut out the "circle" images, and to add more definition around the image I embossed with circles. Inked up the edges a little, ribbon to show off the letters spelling her name and a simple messages to finish. I'm really happy with the way this turned out, even my OH commented on how good it looks and yes Kelsey did find it so I don't need to worry now about putting it into an envelope.


Papers used: K&Co Berry Sweet Collection
Image: Penny Black Bee Costume
Pencils, Inks, Pens: All from stash
Die cutting: Jasmine, Plantin & Accent Essentials

5 comments:

tracie said...

Oh Karen this is gorgoeus, those papers are so pretty and love this cute kitty.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Cute card honey & I'm sure Kelsey loved it...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Kath Stewart said...

Hi Stranger...great to have you taking part in the PBS challenge and what a gorgeous card...love the kitty image and I'm sure Kelsey loved her card....thanks for joining us this week and hope to see you often
Hugs
kath xxxx

Beth said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the bright colours and cute image! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Saskia said...

Lovely card!!

Greetings,

Saskia

Check out my slide show!!!