Sunday 5 July 2009

Hello Everyone

Hi all, sorry I haven't been about the last month, my life has been turned upside down with builders, hospital appointments, work, family etc I just haven't had time nor the energy to make any cards and for that I am truly sorry :-(
I did manage to find some time this week to have a go at the challenge over at Whiff Of Joy and Copic Creations.
This week at WOJ there was a recipe to follow, 3 papers, 3 flowers and 1 ribbon. Now the image that I have used is from their new Summer Collection which I pre-ordered and received quite some weeks ago but never got much of an opportunity to use them.

The papers are from American Crafts and the ribbon was from stash that I had. The flowers believe it or not were part of a Christmas present I got and these were attached to the wrapping (recycling here, doing my bit for the environment).




As this is the time of year that my lillies are in full bloom, the stems of these flowers reminded me of them and they are double layered.

Now onto the challenge this fortnight over at Copic Creations, and here we had to colour in some hair in brunette. Now I am really loving my copics and as I progress with my card making, my colouring skills are improving also. I hope you can see this all with the card.




These were the pens I used, hope you can read them ok, although copics are slightly more expensive that other pens available in the market, I would recommend anyone to try just a couple of colours as you will be amazed by the endless possibilities that these pens can do.

Any how, I was due to go in another operation last week, but it has been delayed for a week or two, hope to get a few more challenges in by then, but who knows what tomorrow may hold.

5 comments:

BA said...

what a wonderful card, your colouring is perfekt

Cheryl said...

So glad you found time to join the CCC! Your card and coloring are beautiful! Hope things settle down for you!

Bev said...

Gorgeous card, love the wonderful design x

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a sweet image and card. You did a great job coloring her. So glad you joined us for the Copic Creations Brunette challenge. Hope you join us again.

Jane Wetzel said...

wow..very rich coloring! soooo cute! tfs!

Check out my slide show!!!