Monday 20 April 2009

Friday Sketcher Challenge & Copic Creation

Well good evening all, here is a more mature man that I have been working on today. Also I have followed the sketch for this weeks challenge over on the Friday sketchers blog and going to enter his "Blue" jeans into this weeks copics creation.

I have used this image a few times and have always went for the T-Bird style (and for those of you who don't know who the T-Birds are, think of John Travolta in Grease), but this time I wanted to use him as a more mature T-bird hence the grey hair, think I might actually use this style for Father's Day in June, oh Mum please don't tell me Dad.

I think I am getting better as the shading, it has taken me quite a few goes and I would say that I'm far from perfect at it, but to be honest with you I am having a ball trying to get it right. It's taking me back to my childhood when Santa use to bring my brothers and me some colouring books and new pencils and after we had our diner Mum would be the one sitting doing all the colouring in.

When I had cut out my image, I mounted him onto an oval shaped card, to give more definition to the oval I used some of the flocked circles and mounted them around the oval, just to make it look a bit more interesting.



Image: Magnolia

Colours: Copics in picture above

Papers: Heidi Grace Baby Boy collection

Flowers & Brads from stash

Well I hope you enjoyed my card, please leave a comment and I will pop over to your blog and return the favour, thanks for now, Karen xoxoxo

1 comment:

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Great card and great coloring. Thanks so much for joining our challenge. Hope to see you again.

Check out my slide show!!!