Thursday 30 April 2009

Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge

Morning all, well I have had 1 of the best days crafting in a long time, don't know what it is but don't care as I'm really having some FUN!!!
This weeks challenge over at SSC is to use the colours blue & green, well luckily for me I had already coloured in this little Gorjuss girl in those colours earlier on this week.
This whole card, except for the base, has been created using new products that I purchased over the past couple of weeks and I think that's why I've had such fun with it. Now I have heard and read about people commenting on how brilliant Mr Tim Holtz is, so at the recent craft show I actually invested in one of his distress ink pads. Truth be told, I'm still learning on how best to use these inks, but I'm enjoying the mess, brings out the kid in me :-)

Well this is my finished entry, and I must admit I really do like it, its different from my norm so please let me know what you think.

Images: Gorjuss girls set 2
Flowers: Papermania doodles collection
Papers: Funky Daze CD (love it)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Satin
Buttons & ric rac from stock
Copics: As per picture below


Now if any of you know of any good tutorials on how to get the best out of the distress inks, please leave a comment and I will go a wandering. Bye for now, going to M&S today with Mum as they have a sale on and I need some new "Summer" clothes for work. Catch up with you later hopefully, Karen xoxo

No comments:

Check out my slide show!!!