Wednesday 15 April 2009

Pennyblack Challenge - A Gift


Hi everyone, over at the PBSC they challenge this week is to make a gift, and I have been trying to use the technique for a long time, so I made myself a candle. Well not really the candle just decorated it :-)

I downloaded all the instructions from a google search and to be honest with you it was easier than what I thought. The trickiest bit for me was cutting out the image from the tissue and not cutting to close to the image.
Once the image had melted into the candle, I stamped up some more flowers for a base around the main image. I thought the candle needed a bit of a bling bling factor, so I added small sequin flowers into the candle using pins (back to my old sowing days).


I'm really happy the way it turned out and even my OH commented on how good it looked. Apologies for picture quality its been very overcast here today and not much light :-(

Image: PB Bee Costume
Colours : Various copics (sorry deleted the picture)
Flowers: PB Fresh New Day
& flower sequins
Wings: Cosmic Shimmer, Golden Shine

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is just gorgeous Karen...always meaning to try the candle trick and none of my eggs are left...is that a surprise...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxx

tracie said...

Oh wow Karen, love love your candle.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous candle Karen - I tried to decorate one before I made my gift bag and it all went pear shaped (almost literally lol!!) so I really admire you making such a good job of it! Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

Check out my slide show!!!