Sunday 11 October 2009

A Spoonfull Of Sugar & Friday Sketchers challenges

Hi everyone and isn't the weather horrible!! So that means more time for me in my craft room yeah!!! This week the theme over at A Spoonfull Of Sugar is Halloween, and I must confess I do like this time of year, all the trick or treaters, fireworks, ghosts and ghouls etc. And over at Friday Sketchers blog they have a fantastic sketch for you to follow, so I decided to combine both challenges and this is the card that I came up with.

Now if Joanna Sheen or any of her friends should be reading this, please do not take offense at the fact that I have coloured in Messy Rabbit green, she is suppose to be a witch and in my eyes all witches are green. A friendly witch I may add is Miss Messy, but still a witch.

I coloured her in using my faithful copics and then put glossy accents over her hat and cloak. She is also a flying witch with her broomstick and I put her onto acetate to give the impression that she is flying past the moon, don't think you can see this to well on the photos. You may be wondering what that thing is in the top right hand corner, well that's Freddie a spider and although he may be very cute and small, he was a right pain to get his legs to go the way I wanted. Naughty spider!!!!

This is a little close up of Freddie, all he is is a bead from a pair of old earrings, some funky foam for his legs, 2 googly eyes and a little white mouth, but he has got to be one of the nicest spiders I have came across, he definitely will not be going up the hoover like all his other annoying little friends who stay rent free in my house!!!

Well I hope you liked my card, please do leave comments as I love to hear what other people think of my interpretation of the sketch and theme.

Come back soon, Karen xoxoxo

No comments:

Check out my slide show!!!