Friday 2 October 2009

Spoonfull of Sugar & Stamp with Us challenges

Spoonfull of Sugar's challenge this week is "Christmas". Guess what, I haven't even started my cards yet ..... yes I know I'm leaving it late, note to self, get a move on girl you don't want to be late again this year!!!!

Well to try and get me into the festive mood, I decided not to make a card but a candle as I love candles at Christmas time especially those Cinnamon ones you can get, anyway boy did I really enjoy myself. With all that glitter, ink, paints, etc. oh boy I got very messy and this was the end result ...........





I tried this technique one time before but it didn't turn out as brightly coloured as I had hoped. So this time around I used my copics, and boy do they stand out (picture not doing it justice here). The snowman stamp was one that I bought from The Papermill a few years ago, and I can't remember where I got the Christmas tree one from.
Anyway once they had been stamped onto Sainsbury's finest toilet roll, I then coloured them in, melted the coloured toilet roll into the candle, then the real fun and mess began. I wanted to create a shimmering background but as my twinkling H2O's wouldn't stick to the candle, I mixed it up with some diamond glaze and hey presto, a shimmering background. Glittered some snow onto the little man and ground, then I used glitter onto the trees to make 3d bobbles.
Hope that all makes sense, and yes it has got me into a more festive spirit, well for the mean time anyway. Catch up with you all soon, Karen oxoxo


A little close up of my bobble trees lol :-) Keep smiling xoxo

Found this great new site called Stamp With Us, there challenge this week is "anything but a card", so I decided to enter this candle. Well if your not in it you can't win it ....

3 comments:

simplyfairies said...

You certainly won't if you don't, so thankyou for deciding to join in with stamp with us, a fabulous creation and hope to see more!!

Stamp WIth Us said...

What a beautiful candle!

Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge, don't forget to pop back Sunday to see if you made the TOP SPOT!

XXX

Elizabeth said...

Just stunning! What a great project.

Check out my slide show!!!