Wednesday 30 April 2008

1st Heidi Grace card - 65 today!


Well here is the 1st card that I managed to get finished. It's my Aunt's birthday in a couple of weeks and she will be 65 - fantastic looking for her age, must be the fact that she had no children...... umm.

Firstly I wanted to make a different shaped card, so I used a circle template and cut around it. Backing paper is from HG (sorry cut the name thingy of the papers - d'oh), layered some mirror card across the card and matted some flocked HG papers. Cut out some glittered flowers and 3d them onto page. Using my cricut expression Plantin Schoolbook cartridge I cut out the numbers 65 and the word today. Used whispers stroke pens to colour the numbers and letters in. From an old piece of HG papers, cut out a flocked heart and mounted onto mirror board. Finally added 3 brads onto top right hand rim just to add something different.

Its a really clean, smart, funky card and I think my aunt will be dead chuffed with it.Was thinking about adding some ribbon through the brads, but I don't know... what do you think?

No comments:

Check out my slide show!!!