Thursday 17 April 2008

Just messing with my Sakura


This is another decoupage that I bought at the trade show recently, but to jazz it up a bit I have water coloured my sakura stardust pens over the blue flowers (don't know if the picture can show this). I have used a K&Company backing sheet (yet another new purchase) used some clear stardust and souffle pens to highlight some of the areas. Layered the flowers onto blue glitter and then onto matt silver paper. I didn't use mirror board as I thought the dullness of the silver paper highlighted the flowers better. Just to finish off I wrote "Love" using my black souffle pen. I like the way that your eye is drawn towards the flowers and that the backing papers are just lifted slightly. It's amazing what you can do when all the ironing, house work, dishes etc are left alone (oops better get them done before my hubby comes home as I am out tonight) :-)

No comments:

Check out my slide show!!!