Sunday 15 November 2009

Joe's birthday & other bits

Well as promised last night, here is a picture of Joe's birthday card. I used my copics to colour in the bear and sakura glaze pens for the presents. It's amazing how the presents standout and Joe was really happy with the card, especially because it's his favourite colour.
Now at my recent visit to the craft show at the King's Hall on Thursday, I met a lovely lady called Mina at the Crafters & Co stall, well as Mina was taking a little break from demonstrating she offered me the paint brush and inks to take the reins as such, well I jumped at the chance and I really enjoyed myself (all of 5 minutes) but hey it was good crack.

This was the image that I was colouring in and when I got home I jumped onto the Just Magnolia challenge blog and went for their challenge for last week - distressing, well after the weekend that I am having distressing is not a problem to me. Never done the paper distressing before but I got tore in (get the joke?!) and had a blast. Now this card is off to a very nice lady who picked my name recently for some candy and she know who she is so a big THANK YOU.

This was also my first ever time of colouring in an image using distress inks and to be honest, it was very relaxing and a lot more "go with the flow" than using the copics. The colours are more subtle than the copics but I think for this card that was ideal.

Ingredients
Image: Magnolia (one from the table, sorry don't know the name)
Colours: Distress inks, Walnut Stain, Tattered rose, Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Broken China and Mild lavender
Papers: Core dinations, white wash collection & Crafts House Tutti Frutti
Ribbon: Wired ribbon from stash
Charm & chain from stash also.
Tomorrow's the day that I take the computer into see if it can get fixed. I really really really hope it can as I don't know where to start if it can't :-(

Karen

2 comments:

Mina said...

yyyyyoooohhhoooo...it was lovely to meet you...so glad you enjoyed the lesson...fabulous cards and thank you so much for becoming a follow...I hope you enjoyed my sketch this week at Just Magnolia and thanks for joining in
Mina xxx

Ruth said...

Hi Karen,
these are lovely cards! I just noticed your comment on Mina's blog that you were at the Kings Hall this week.I was there yesterday too.Did you enjoy it? Ruth x

Check out my slide show!!!