Wednesday 25 November 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Evening all, well it just goes to show you what I can get done when the OH is working night shift. 2 cards in 1 day, well that tells you everything.
Over at the Penny Black Friends Saturday challenge blog they have on offer some FANTASTIC candy, also a mysterious blog hop where you need to guess the name of the song. Now to enter the candy and the blog hop you must enter into their challenge which this week was Winter Wonderland.
Well this is my entry, the image was a lovely gift that I received from Jackie when I won some of her candy and as a "thank you" I sent her a card, but I don't know if she has received it yet.

I wanted to create a card with a different colour tone, so I picked purple and blue. On the background paper I used some stencils and used both perfect pearls and embossing powder to highlight the snowflakes.
Here is a close up of the image and isn't it just adorable. I coloured it in using my copics and inked the edges with some colour chalk.




Ingredients
Image: Penny Black
Papers: DCWV Winter Matstack
Nestabilities: Labels Two
Ribbon: Glitter Gloss
Bits & Bobs: Chalk eyes, perfect pearls & embossing powder
Well does it make you start to feel more in the Christmas spirit?? Why not pop over to Penny Black Saturday Challenge and enter the challenge yourself, if your not in you can't win.
Catch up with you soon, Karen xoxo

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, adorable image.
luv
Debby

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card and love the image...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Hi Karen - fab card for the challenge - love the warm colorus and the image is darling. thanks for entering this week's PBSC blog hop and for for entering my candy - good luck!
pauline x

tracie said...

Gorgeous card Karen..oh wow I love love this adorable image..fabulous !! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC, good luck with my candy
hugs
Tracie :)x

Jackie said...

Karen I did receive your card thank you very much it was lovely and I hope you are enjoying your candy. This card is beautiful...have a great weekend

Jackie x

Mina said...

fabulous card Karen, love the image...oops by one never mind try for the next one
Mina xxx

Check out my slide show!!!