Friday 2 May 2008

Beth's 100th post blog candy


Over on Beth's blog to celebrate her 100th post she is giving away some candy. I have entered with this card. I used some of my papercraft 4 you papers and 2 of their rubber stamps, the Hollyhocks and the sentiment saying "The way to know life is to LOVE many things." I thought after today was just a wonderful day and that I got planting more bulbs into my garden that I should go with a flower theme. I water coloured in the Hollyhocks image using my whispers stroke pens, it took me 4 attempts to get it right as I still can't get the water colouring technique right. Rounded the corners of using my fiskars corner edgers (love these scissors as they have 4 different cuts in one pair of scissors BRILLIANT). Layered some soft pink card to co-ordinate with the backing papers and 3d some flower heads. Hope it comes out clear on the picture. My OH has told me that I'm not allowed a new camera as this one is less that a year old, ba humbug!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi Karen, thanks so much for entering my challenge! This card is beautiful, I love the soft colours and the way you've used the sketch! Good luck! xx (fab blog by the way!)

Check out my slide show!!!