Tuesday 20 May 2008

Kelsey's 1st ever scrapbook pages



When we were away last week, I promised Kelsey that her and I would sit down together and work on some scrapbook pages just for her, well these are her results. I had pictures taken from her 5th & 6th birthday parties and we got to work. On her 5th birthday page she cut out different sized triangles from some Heidi Grace papers that I had (she has learnt all about triangles in school and could name them all with their proper names, but to me a triangle is a triangle:-) With a couple of strips of papers down the sides she wanted to "frame" the pictures as such, lastly she used my Fiskars heart shapes and mounted a heart picture of her cake onto another piece of scrap paper. She wrote around the edges (well mummy did as instructed by her) the words to happy birthday, punched some small hearts out and glued them together to make flowers and finished with flower sequences. Finally she coloured in some stickers that I had with Sakura souffle pens to spell out "5 today, my cake ! and 10.02.02" With the papers that I gave her she did a brilliant page and now I feel more happy letting her play with some more of my "special" papers.



For her 6th birthday scrapbook page she wanted to use something bright as on that birthday we had a magician who came with coloured birds as you can see on some of the pictures. She cut out the pictures using my Fiskars shape cutter again, and wrote around the frames who everybody was in that particular picture. On the right hand side of the page she wanted to "lift" the words so again scraps of papers and layered them up. When she was finished she didn't like the way the papers looked so she took some more of my sakura pens and went around the scalloped edges to try and split them a bit more. I had definitely learnt a lot from Kelsey this week with regards to scrap booking as she gave me a different way to look at things.
Well what do you think? Any comments left I will let Kelsey read them but I cannot tell you how PROUD I am of her and to be honest, I think she is dead chuffed herself by the way they turned out.
Just need to get her pictures developed that she took in Scarborough/York and then she can fly on and make her own school holiday scrapbook, Mummy needs to get her finger out I think
:-O

1 comment:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Hi again, you better work fast as Kelsey is obviously a very quick learner & worker. Well done to you both on some fab pages. Keep up the good work Kelsey & think that she may need her own blog in the near future.

Big hugs
Lorraine xxx

Check out my slide show!!!